Training & facilitation in problem solving (“CAPA”)
Sometimes it’s called CAPA (Corrective & preventive action), but it’s a waste of time and money if you haven’t accurately defined the problem in the first place; the “nonconformity” is invariably only a symptom!
We help you to understand “solutions first syndrome” so you can work out the problem before investing in the wrong solutions..these are some of the tools…
The Memory Jogger II’s 7 Management & Planning tools
- Affinity Diagram (answers by consensus – guaranteed!)
- Interrelationship Digraph (which has the most influence?)
- Prioritisation Matrices (what to do first)
- Tree Diagram (how it fits together)
- Process Decision Program Chart (risk based thinking – nothing new under the sun!)
- Matrix Diagram (how things interface)
- Activity Network Diagram ( calculate the Critical Path for your Gannt chart)
The Memory Jogger II’s 7 Quality Control Tools
- Cause & effect diagram (causal factors, no such thing as “a root cause”)
- Run chart (looking for changes and trends)
- Histogram (the distribution of variation)
- Control chart (monitoring process control)
- Flowcharts (mapping the right sequences)
- Pareto diagram (80-20 rule, what to fix first)
- Scatter Diagram (random or not?)
- AND…….The Prof James Reason Swiss Cheese Model, the game changer!
Give Ian a call or an email if you’d like some more information..