1993 Honda Civic EG4, 3 door hatchback, club-sport race car.
- 1996 spec VTec Type R B18c JDM engine, built by Shane Parsons, S&T Automotive, Cambridge, Waikato (December 2015),
- Brian Crower BC0012 cams (Stage 2, 11.99mm lift: 300° duration = 248°@ 50 thou),
- Ferrea valves,
- BC0010 valve springs,
- Gates timing belt,
- Skunk2 adjustable cam pulleys,
- Wiseco forged pistons (#6593M815AP)
- Molnar forged conrods,
- ACL race series big-end & mains bearings,
- Moroso winged sump,
- 30psi additional oil pressure switch with bright warning light, oil pressure and oil temperature gauges on the dash, all plumbed in Aeroflow.
- 1000cc XSpurt Injectors,
- Magnecore HT leads,
- NGK R5671A-8 spark plugs,
- MSD ignition,
- S90 70mm throttle body,
- Blox throttle position sensor,
- “Whalepenis” air intake,
- Cold-air box fed from a duct in the front bumper,
- HyTech step tube 4-2-1 stainless headers,
- 2.5″ stainless exhaust, Adrenalin R resonator & muffler
- Skunk full-width aluminium radiator with SpeedScience fan kit (vented to improve airflow)
- Double cam cover & single crankcase breathers with 2-litre oil catch tank (ex Motorsport Fab Services, Chch)
- Skunk2 VTec solenoid bung,
- Link Atom Programmable ECU with shift light,
- Tuning by TMS, Kapiti, & Chris Wall at Prestige, Petone, Wellington
- Innovative engine mountings (all 3), 85-grade bushes in the rear one,
- Lightweight chromalloy flywheel,
- 6-puk competition clutch (from MP Autoparts),
- S80 gearbox, standard 1st & 2nd gears, MFactory close ratio 3rd, 4th, 5th including dual carbon synchros. 1st gear = 3.230:1, 2nd = 2.105, 3rd = 1.636, 4th = 1.310, 5th = 1.054. Final drive ratio = 4.40:1. (Calculated speed @ 8500 rpm in 5th gear on 205-50 x 15in wheels = 202.5 km/hr).
- MFactory 1.5-way plate type Limited Slip Differential.
- Transmission built by Oli Hendra, WAGS, Lower Hutt.
- K-tuned Pro gear lever, with extra extension to reduce reach.
- Civic Type R 5-stud hubs with Znoelli 282 mm slotted rotors,
- Pagid RSL-29 (yellow) front pads,
- Braided hoses front and rear,
- Front-rear split brake hydraulics,
- Driver adjustable brake bias valve (from Racetech).
- Integra Type R subframe & sway bar,
- Tegiwa rigid subframe collars,
- Polyurethane bushes throughout,
- Hardrace lower control arm bushes,
- Hardrace rack mounting bushes,
- BC Red coil over adjustable shocks,
- Blox adjustable top arms,
- Type R aluminium strut brace.
- 13 kg/mm springs
- 3° negative camber: 4.2° caster: 2 mm total negative toe (2018-10-03).
- BC Red coil-over adjustable shocks,
- Hardrace trailing arm and sway bar bushes,
- Integra Type R sway bar.
- 7.5 kg/mm springs
- 1.2 degrees negative camber: 1 mm total negative toe (2018-10-03)
- Racetech 4009 FIA certified seats,
- Racetech 6 point harness HANS type (driver side),
- ERG 6 point harness (passenger side),
- MSNZ homologated roll cage inc easy access side intrusion protection, dash bar and integrated seat mounting frames, built by Matt Hendra, MNIMAT Engineering.
- OMP cast aluminium navigator’s footrest.
- 320 mm leather steering when on a Sparco quickly detachable hub,
- FullRiver Hardcore sealed battery mounted behind passenger’s seat,
- Switchable USB (x2) and 12V dash mounted power sockets with a digital battery voltage meter (sockets are for GoPro camera, 10 Hz GPS detector and cell-phone power for lap timer app),
- 2 kg fire extinguisher,
- Ducted front bumper,
- Carbon-fibre bonnet,
- Carbon fibre rear spoiler.
- Brake and throttle pedals centred to improve driving position
Wheels & tyres
- 15 x 7 Lenso PDF wheels,
- Nitto NT01 or Dunlop Direzza 03G Soft tyres, 205-50 x 15,